Saturday, November 22, 2008
Gene Required For Radiation-induced Protective Pigmentation Also Promotes Survival Of Melanoma Cells
The process of tanning involves synthesis of the pigment melanin by skin cells known as melanocytes. The melanin is dispersed to neighboring skin cells, known as keratinocytes, and acts as a natural sunscreen that provides some protection against the ultraviolet (UV) radiation in sunlight. UV radiation induces melanin production in melanocytes via activation of p53 in keratinocytes and subsequent activation of proopiomelanocortin/melanocyte-stimulating hormone (POMC/MSH). POMC/MSH initiates a series of signals leading to activation of genes controlling pigment production in melanocytes.
The protein encoded by paired-box homeotic gene 3 (PAX3) is essential for melanocyte development. Although recent research has implicated PAX3 in the process of pigmentation, the response of PAX3 to UV radiation in human skin is not well understood. "The network of genes that regulate PAX3 expression in melanocytes has not yet been elucidated," says senior study author, Dr. Rutao Cui from the Oncology Institute at Loyola University Chicago.
Previous work by Dr Cui and colleagues demonstrated that UV radiation inhibited transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-?? in human skin and also decreased melanin synthesis in melanocytes. "Our observations led us to examine the possibility that TGF-??might also participate in regulating the pigmentation response of skin to UV radiation. We postulated that cross-talk between keratinocytes and melanocytes may contribute to the pigmentation response of skin to UV radiation," explains Dr. Cui.
Dr. Cui's team found that TGF-?-Smad signaling inhibited PAX3 transcription in the skin and that PAX3 up-regulation in melanocytes resulted from a UV-independent loss of TGF-? in neighboring keratinocytes. Importantly, PAX3 overexpression was frequently observed in melanomas from sun-exposed skin compared with non-sun-exposed skin. The researchers went on to show that the TGF-?-PAX3 signaling pathway interacted with the p53-POMC/MSH-MC1R signaling pathway and that both were critical for pigmentation.
These results identify PAX3 as an important contributor to the UV pigmentation response and to melanoma cell survival and proliferation. "This study will provide a rich foundation for further research on skin cancer prevention by enabling us to identify targeted small molecules in the signaling pathways of the UV-induced melanogenic response that are highly likely to induce naturally protective pigmentation," concludes Dr. Cui.
The researchers include Guang Yang, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; Yitang Li, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; Emi K. Nishimura, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan; Hong Xin, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL; Anyu Zhou, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; Yinshi Guo, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL; Liang Dong, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL; Mitchell F. Denning, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL; Brian J. Nickoloff, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL; and Rutao Cui, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I put on some acne spot treatment cream last night and when i woke up and washed my face. I had all these dark spots when i put the cream what can I do to get rid of them asap?!
Home made remedy :-
1)Cook oatmeal and apply on face for fifteen minutes and wash.
2) Make a warm bath with blanch of nettle and rosemary.
3) Apply equal amount of lemon juice and rose water with a cotton ball and wash it after haif an hour for 15 to 20 days.
For dozens of more ways, prevention, types and reasons check
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Certainly UV rays from excess sunlight and tanning beds cause darker pigmentation, but a certain amount of the problem is simply age related as the body produces extra melanin. There are other speculations. For example, pregnancy or certain kinds of birth control pills that create shifting hormone levels have been rumored to cause them too. Some researchers even believe that handling psoralens, such as parsnips, limes and parsley before going out in the sun increases your likelihood of getting age spots. Certain medicines are also implicated–like Tetracycline, certain diuretics, and antipsychotics like Thorazine. Often, however, the tendency to have age spots is simply hereditary.
Most dark spots are benign, but it is a good idea to ensure your spots are not some cancerous form before using any skin treatments. Consult a competent medical advisor. As with any skin lesion, they could be a cancerous form such as melanoma.Lentigo Maligna Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that develops from long-term sun exposure. The tan or brown lesions associated with this form of cancer slowly darken and enlarge over time. Additionally, they usually have irregular borders, uneven coloring and are slightly raised.
Assuming you are not dealing with cancerous melanoma, there are many options for lightening and eliminating these spots. Many of the prescription creams like Reversa HQ and Neo Strats HQ contain a harsh substance called Hydroquinone. Some patients try applying the creams every other day to strengthen their tolerance, while others opt to use mild steroids to ease the side effects over the next few months, while the age spots are fading.
We prefer Revitol Skin Brightener Cream which uses plant-based ingredients to reduce the appearance of dark spots including freckles and uneven pigmentation. Revitol keeps skin soft and moisturized; brightens the appearance of trouble spots safely. I don’t know about you, but when I put something directly on my skin I like to know it contains no mercury or other harmful ingredients. I don’t know how long this deal will last, but as of this writing, they are offering Two Free bottles with your purchase.
Our favorite treatment for age spots, however, is Meladerm Pigment Reducing Complex. It gets rid of dark spot and reduces the appearance of skin discolorations and hyperpigmentation in just 2 weeks and is particularly effective for age spots, sun damage, melasma, acne scars, birthmarks and freckles. There is no risk in trying this product since it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Another popular option is laser therapy to combat spots and repair damaged skin by destroying excess melanocytes. Laser treatment requires several visits and may be expensive, but the results are effective, with “liver” spots usually disappearing within weeks. With a very low probability for scarring, this is a rewarding option. As far as skin solutions go, this may be expensive, although for more serious cases, it’s ideal.
For the brave or desperate, chemical peels are an alternative for pesky age spots. Slow and painful as it may be, chemical peels do work well over several treatments. These chemicals act like a severe sun burn, causing the skin to peel and promoting a smooth, delicate skin finish underneath. Chemical peels have also been used as a successful skin treatment for acne and eye wrinkles. But whenever you go out into the sun, be sure to apply sunscreen generously!
For more information and to find great deals on all skincare products, visit BestSkinCareProducts.info today.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
With such a high divorce rate in our country, there are a staggering number of middle-aged men and women searching in the populace for a mate again. It doesn’t seem fair, but there is clearly evidence that youthful looks and attractive appearance are factors in workplace advancement. While facelifts, hair dying, collagen injections and anti wrinkle cream are popular anti-skin aging treatments, there’s still that problem of the brown “liver” or age spots covering your arms. Happily, there are some options for alleviating that as well.
UV rays, tanning beds and excess sunlight are generally the culprits behind the darker pigmentation, but as we age, the body produces extra melanin, which also contributes to the appearance of “liver” spots. There are other speculations. Shifting hormone levels from pregnancy or birth control pills have also been blamed for these spots. Some researcher believe that chemicals absorbed by handing parsnips, limes and parsley (psoralens) before sun exposure can increase your chances of developing age spots. Certain medicines are also implicated–like Tetracycline, certain diuretics, and antipsychotics like Thorazine. But then again, in some cases it’s mostly hereditary.
Before using any skin treatments, it is a good idea to get professional medical advice regarding your “liver spots”. There is a certain risk they may be cancerous melanoma.Lentigo Maligna Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that develops from long-term sun exposure. This cancer begins with tan or brown lesions that slowly darken and enlarge. Additionally, they usually have irregular borders, uneven coloring and are slightly raised.
Once you are confident your spots are not cancerous, there are several great treatments available for lightening and eliminating these spots. Reversa HQ and Neo Strata HQ are prescription bleaching creams containing Hydroquinone–a substance that can be quite harsh. Some patients try applying the creams every other day to strengthen their tolerance, while others opt to use mild steroids to ease the side effects over the next few months, while the age spots are fading.
We prefer Revitol Skin Brightener Cream which uses plant-based ingredients to reduce the appearance of dark spots including freckles and uneven pigmentation. Revitol keeps skin soft and moisturized; brightens the appearance of trouble spots safely. I always favor treatments that do not contain mercury or other harmful ingredients, particularly when I’m applying it to my skin. I don’t know how long this deal will last, but as of this writing, they are offering Two Free bottles with your purchase.
Our favorite treatment for age spots, however, is Meladerm Pigment Reducing Complex. Using Meladerm you can lighten dark spots and reduce discolorations and hyperpigmentation in 14 days or less. This is particularly effective with age spots, birthmarks, freckles and sun damage. There is no risk in trying this product since it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Laser therapy is sometimes used to combat age spots or repair damaged skin by destroying excess melanocytes. Laser treatment can be quite effective with age spots disappearing in a matter of weeks–results though require several office visits and can be quite expensive. With a very low probability for scarring, this is a rewarding option. This skin solution can be ideal for more serious cases, but it is quite expensive.
For the brave or desperate, chemical peels are an alternative for pesky age spots. Slow and painful as it may be, chemical peels do work well over several treatments. The chemicals will cause your skin to peel like a sun burn, which sounds disgusting but will also rework your skin into a baby-bottom smooth finish. In addition to age spots, chemical peels are often used to treat acne and wrinkles around the eyes. But whenever you go out into the sun, be sure to apply sunscreen generously!
For more information and to find great deals on all skincare products, visit BestSkinCareProducts.info today.
Monday, November 17, 2008
acne is a serious skin disease, what happens to anyone regardless of age, sex or race. This serious skin condition can be blackheads, whiteheads, red spots and even deeper boil-like lesions or nodules called cysts. Thing is, acne is something that fears of their skin. In fact, black men and women find it difficult to cope with its problem of acne. Now, keeping in mind that we have to find out how black skinned after acne treatment . People of Africa, the native Australians, African-Americans, Caribbean and other islands have dark skin because the content of melanin in the skin is quite high. Melanin protects the skin from the strong rays of the sun. Even if your skin is still susceptible to acne. Not surprisingly, many black-skinned people suffer from this ailment skin. Tips for treating acne The Black Leather Acne treatments are not categorized by black or white fur. There are a number of resources that you can trust, whether they are colored black skin or white skin. As first things first, the best thing you can do for your black skin is to follow good hygiene. Make sure you religiously clean your face with a cleanser or soap at least once or twice a day. This ensures the oil clean and free skin. Try not to participate in frequent washing. This certainly expose their skin to harmful environment. Consider the products that would apply on your skin before you buy.
home remedies are ideal for acne treatments. Cucumber, lemon, lime, tea tree oil, honey, oats, tomato, orange and turmeric may be the reason for his cure. The least you should do is apply it as a paste and leave it on for 15-30 minutes before washing out. Not only destroys bacteria but also withdrew the excess oil making your skin so fresh and flexible. You might even for trawling around some non-prescription products on the market. Something like Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid that can help to dispose of this distressing problem skin.
When all else fails as treatment of acne by its black skin, make sure you seek the help of a doctor . Keep in mind, the option is suitable for those with severe acne problems. Your doctor will see you get more effective acne treatment to your skin. Azelaic acid, a good alternative to Benzoyl peroxide, antibiotic lotions and oral antibiotics are all that is required to eliminate acne. And if that does not work then a laser treatment may be their last resort. I could not have been better than the previous tips for relief of his black skin acne.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
- Take the cream from fresh milk, add few drops of lemon and apply on the face to remove pimples and acne.
- Grind 30 gm of thymol seeds (ajwain) in 25 gm of curd and apply on pimples and acne. Wash the face the next morning. This remove pimples.
- Take equal quantities of holy basil leaves and lemon juice and apply on the pigmentation marks, dark circles or pimples. This is an effective medicine.
- Add glycerin four times the quantity of lemon juice and rub the face to get rid of pimples. Massage the whole body to get the silky and soft effect.
- Soak lentil dal in sufficient water so that the entire water is absorbed. Grind it and add it in milk. Apply this paste on the face twice daily. This removes pigmentation marks and pimples.
- Grind the dried orange peels in water and apply the paste on the face. This removes pigmentation marks and pimple.
- Rub Jaiphal in milk and apply on pimples and pigmentation marks. This gives glowing skin.
- Boil cumin seeds and wash the face with that water. This gets rid of pigmentation marks, dark circles etc and enhances the beauty.
- Grind Jaiphal and black pepper in raw milk and apply on the face at bedtime. This cures pimples and removes pigmentation marks and makes the face beautiful.
- Take one spoon lentil dal, half spoon rapeseeds and two almonds - grind it nicely and add lemon juice. Apply this paste on the face. Wash the face when dry.
- Take equal quantities of alum and black pepper and apply on pimples and acne.
- Grind guava and banana and apply the paste on face.
- Apply cucumber juice on face to remove pigmentation marks and pimples.
- Add radish juice in curd and apply on face to get rid of pimples, acne and pigmentation marks.
- Add honey in onion juice and apply on the face, this cures both the problems
- Take enema of hot water with lemon juice.
- Take boiled gourd or torai in meals. Eat the chapattis made with whole wheat.
- Pat the face with water while taking bath.
- Apply multani mati on face and peel it when dry. Wash the face with cold water.
- Eat boiled vegetables or drink their juice.
- Add Triphala and Moolhati and take 3 to 4 gm daily to cure constipation and get rid of pimples and acne.
- Grind black pepper and apply on pimples.
- Add gram flour in castor oil and apply on face, this is very beneficial.
- Mix rapeseed and rock salt in lemon juice and apply on pimples.
- Grind almonds in goat milk and apply on pimples to get rid of pimples.
- Rub the seed of date palm in vinegar and apply on pimples. Wash the face after one hour with soap. Pimples disappear within three to four days.
- Take equal quantities of lemon juice, rogan badam and glycerin, mix thoroughly and store it in clean bottle. Apply this lotion on the face everyday, to make the skin soft and beautiful.
- Grind chironji and add butter, apply this pack on the face and rub it nicely. This cures all the skin related problems.
- People suffering with pimples and pigmentation marks should maintain a clean stomach. They should improve their digestive strength and keep the intestines clean. They should walk in open and fresh air and take proper diet.
- Add lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities and apply on face. Wash the face after half hour with fresh water. The pimples are cured within 10 to 15 days. This gets rid of pigmentation marks and dark spots.
- Rub the lemon peels on the body before taking bath and wash the face with lukewarm water, this is effective to get rid of pimples.
- Never pinch the pimples and try to break them. This spreads the pimples faster and causes permanent scars on the face. Take hot steam before applying any, pack for immediate results.
- Apply olive oil regularly to cure different types of pimples and boils. This is also effective for curing pigmentation marks and spots.
- Rub the inner portion of neem bark in water like sandal and apply on pimples.
- Apply blue oil (pour oil in blue coloured bottle and keep under the Sun for one and half months) on pimples.
- Take Gulkand with 25- 30 gm of milk everyday at bedtime.
- Take avala marmalade to cure constipation and thereby pimples.
- Boil the neem leaves in water and sieve it. Wash the face with this water to remove pimples.
- Eat sprouted gram regularly according to the digestive capacity to cure pimples and pigmentation marks.
- Eat ripe neem fruit to get rid of pimples.
- Mix Triphala and Moolhati in equal quantities and take three grams powder with lukewarm water to cure constipation and thereby pimples and dark spots.
- Add onion juice, rock salt and honey and apply on the face.
- Take carrot, tomato, radish and other green salad along with meals everyday to remove pimples.
- Avoid tea, coffee etc. This cures pimples and skin related problems.
- Do not eat ice cream, chocolate, toffees, pastries etc. in excess quantity. Avoid constipation.
- Do not eat food items made with spices, garam masala and acidic things.
- Avoid hot spicy, heavy, oily and fried food items like samosa, kachori etc.
- Do not eat things, made with horse bean, flour and do not use chemical based cosmetics on face.
- Add lemon juice in Giloy juice and apply on the face to get rid of pimples.
- In case of severe constipation and pimples, soak 6-7 raisins in water, remove the seeds the next morning and eat.
- Grind Arjun Chaal, Mujith and Vasa Chaal, add honey and apply on the face to remove pimples.
- Regular consumption of radish is good for getting rid of spots, pimples and acne.
- Add black holy basil leaves powder in turmeric powder and apply the pack on the face before bath. This removes pimples.
- Grind coriander, Lodhra and Koot and apply on the face.
- Grind fenugreek leaves and apply the pack on the face, let it dry. Then wash the face, continue this for few days to remove pimples. This also makes the skin soft and smooth.
- Add grounded onion seeds powder in lemon juice and apply on face; this is effective in case of pimples.
- Make a fine paste of Amaltas Chaal, pomegranate Chaal, Lodhra, turmeric and Nagarmotha and add it in water. Apply the pack on the face. This works well in case of pimples.
- Apply sandal wood oil on the face to clean all the infection causing bacteria and pimples.
- Take equal quantities of Jaiphal, black pepper, red sandal, grind it nicely and add it in water. Apply this paste on the face to get rid of pimples.
- Take equal quantities of rapeseeds, Semar thorns, lentil dal, chironji and almonds. Grind all the things nicely and mix it in little bit of milk. Apply this paste on the face to remove pimples.
- Boil one cup milk and thicken it. Add lemon juice, remove from flame and let it be cool while stirring it continuously. Apply this paste on the face at bedtime. Wash the face after one hour and next morning. This removes pimples and gives a smooth and soft skin.
More on.... http://yoga2ayurveda4healling.googlepages.com
( Beauty Natural,Acne,Acne Treatment,Pimples,Skin Pigmentation,Oily Skin Treatment ,Dry Skin Treatment,Aromatherapy Oils,Beauty Skin Care Product,Hair Care Treatment for postinflammatory pigmentation. Postinflammatory pigmentation may improve with:. Careful sun protection - even though inflammatory acne lesions post acne hyper-pigmentation, post-acne superficial scaring, freckles, lentigenes, xanthelasma, melasma, photomelanosis)
Digital Cameras Review Mobile Phones Nokia N96 Iphones Blackberry Discouonts Laptops Cheap Notbooks Bargains Camcorder
Hollywood Celebrities Wallpapers With a wide variety of celebrity wallpaper, movies wallpaper, Film Stars Pictures and much more. desktop wallpaper Celebrities Wallpapers Hollywood Pictures
Wedding Planners Romantic Quotes Love Poems Cheap Airlines Tickets honeymoon Travel Package Weekend Getaways Cheap Airlines Tickets Christmas Discounts