• The skin under the eye is very thin and as we age it becomes thinner
causing the blood vessels below the skin to be more apparent.
• Genetics-Dark circles under the eyes can be inherited. They are more
noticeable in people with deep set eyes or fair skin.
• Allergies- Dark circles can be seen in people who are allergic
to pollen, dust, pet dander, etc. This occurs because people
often rub their itchy eyes. This is also known as allergic shiners.
• Lack of sleep and high levels of stress.
Ways to improve or decrease dark circles:
• Get plenty of rest.
• Drink lots of water.
• Use cool compresses on the eyes.
• Treat your allergic eyes with allergy drops.
• Decrease salt intake.
• Wear sun block with at least an SPF of 30 around the eyes.