Age spots are particularly common after a person reaches the age of forty, occurring in areas that have received the most exposure to the sun such as, Face, Forehead, Forearms, Shoulders, Backs of the hands.
Age spots (also known as sun spots, liver spots, and lentigines), are harmless, flat, yellow or brown discolorations of the skin which usually occur on the back of the hands, neck and face of people above the age of 40.
* Avoid sweets, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and junk food.
* Drink 8-10 glass of water every day. include fruit juices in your diet. it is very useful in age spot removal.
* Apply vitamin E cream to effected area and take vitamin E supplements. it is very useful in age spot removal.
* Aloe vera has healing properties similar to those of castor oil, and daily application to age spots can help even out your skin's complexion.
* Apply some sandalwood paste to affected area.
* Finely chop up an onion, extract its juice, and try applying it to sun spots. The acidity of the onion juice can induce skin peeling, which has a bleaching effect.