Dark circle is a common non-hormonal, dermatological problem troubling many. Before learning about the ways to get rid of dark circles, one must learn about the root cause of dark circle. The region surrounding our eyes has a mesh work of delicate blood vessels or capillaries just underneath the soft, thin layer of skin. The capillaries are so fine that red blood cells at times get lost in to the surrounding skin due to wreckage or breakage in the capillary walls.
The accumulation of red blood cells escaping through leakages in capillaries result in dark circles that are blue-black or dark purplish in color. This escaping of RBCs or red blood cells takes place throughout the body, but dark circles are so evident and prominent only below the eyes, because the skin in that region is very thin and translucent, and the blood vessels are situated very close to the skin surface.
Factors triggering circles under the eyes
1. Heredity or genes
2. Exposure to sun
4. Any illness
5. Lack of sleep due to all night work or partying
7. Hyper pigmentation
8. Nutrient deficiency
9. Pregnancy and menstruation
Home Remedies for Circle Under The Eyes
1. One may apply cucumber juice in the region beneath the eyes and leave for 10 minutes. The cool, refreshing cucumber juice not only lightens the skin tone in the discolored area, but also soothes the tired eyes.
2. A paste made out of one teaspoon tomato juice, 3-4 drops of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric and sufficient white flour may be applied on under eye circles and left for 15 minutes. This remedy will be quite helpful.
3. Keeping a dry, cold tea bag on circles for about 10 minutes is a commonly used home remedy.
4. Dabbing under eyes with ice cold water also helps, for cold water is empowered to constrict the blood vessels under the skin surrounding the eyes.
5. Dabbing circles with cotton balls soaked in chilled rose water can prove beneficial.
6. One may massage the dark area with cold cream before going to bed at night. This will disperse the accumulated red blood cells.
7. Dark circles can also be massaged with almond oil.
Hope I have covered some of the simple and best way to remove dark circles under the eyes naturally and safely. Add more grace and beauty to your face with these beauty remedies for your eye care.